Sunday, June 11, 2006

2 hours of my life i want back

I confess...i fell victim to the ridiculous gossipy hype about The Break Up...the Aniston/Vaughn movie depicting, as the title would suggest, a break up. I like Vince Vaughn a lot and, despite being squarely on Team Jolie, I was willing to give the former "friend" the old college try.

Oh, Jones...when will you learn?

If it weren't enough that the script was mediocre at best (Sorry, Vince...leave the heavy writing in your world to Owen Wilson and Jon Favreau), and that the acting was fairly awful (with the exception of Jason Bateman, Favreau, John Michael Higgins, and Judy Davis (who played Aniston's fantastic egomaniacle boss)), it didn't help that Vaughn and Aniston...supposedly hollywood's next hot couple...had little to no chemistry (i feel bad for their doomed relationship already).

Unlike many reviews that I've read that included all of the above as legitimate criticisms, there was a cake-topper for me. I remind you that Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston are, currently, the A-List of the A-List. So why did they sell out and phone in a ridiculously unbelievable potentially happy ending to a movie that (despite all of the above) was at least gutsy enough to not pretend to believe in happily-ever-after? I'd expect it from Aniston, with the trash she's been making recently, but from Vaughn? Coming off of Wedding Crashers? I had hoped for more.

Ugh. The long and the short? Two hours of my life i'd like back. This week's issue of People Magazine is more interesting. And yes. I went there.

Fix your jones for a good vince vaughn movie @ wedding crashers or swingers. As for Aniston? TiVo Friends...it's the best I can suggest.

Posted by sarah t. at 1:32 PM




1 Comments

  1. Blogger Q2D2 posted at 1:27 PM  
    For some Jen goodness, I humbly suggest The Good Girl, with Jake Gyllenhaal and Zooey Deschanel.

    However I may be biased since I'm with Team Jen.

Post a Comment

« Home